Pick Your Bread Machine Recipe

<Njretired@copper.net>
Mon, 10 Jan 2005 09:22:19 -0600
v105.n002.3
Happy New Year, Everybody!

Just this week, I came across a comment on Allrecipes.com regarding the
outcomes of various doughs for bread recipes.  I think some of you "more
seasoned" bakers may say, "Well, duhhhhh," but for me it was a real
revelation.  I think it will really help me in screening recipes in the
future when I'm trying to decide what type of bread / rolls I want to
make.  Hope it helps someone else, too.

"Pick Your Bread Machine Recipe:  Remember that lean doughs--recipes
containing no butter, oil, or egg yolks--will produce bread that's crispy
on the outside and chewy in the middle.  And short doughs--recipes that
contain some form of fat--will produce tender bread.  Lean dough is what
you want to use for baguettes; short dough is bettter for cinnamon
rolls.  The rest is all a matter of what you like!"

Jeanette in South Texas...
..where it is supposed to hit 77 degrees today!  But don't worry--our
share is coming--it's supposed to hit a low of 24 degrees by Saturday night!