Flour

Mary Stackhouse <marystackhouse@shimgumdo.org>
Wed, 09 Feb 2005 16:04:13 -0500
v105.n006.8
I noticed a remark regarding Carol Field's Cocodrillo Bread on last weeks
listing.  I have been interested in trying out this recipe. It calls for
stone ground unbleached flour.  Does anyone know if the flour called for is
whole wheat flour, or unbleached all purpose or bread flour?  Or a mix?

Another flour question.  Peter Reinhart calls for 'high gluten' or bread
flour in many of his formulas I have been trying out.  I have been using
King Arthur unbleached bread flour.  Has anyone used King Arthur's high
gluten flour in his recipes?  Or, how much vital wheat gluten should I add
per cup of bread flour to make it high gluten?

Thanks for any advice.

Mary J. Stackhouse