Lotsa stuff...

Tarheel_Boy@webtv.net (Skallywagg Forever)
Mon, 14 Mar 2005 08:33:26 -0500
v105.n013.7
Let's start a fight!  I agree with Maggie Glezer about not keeping a baking
stone in the oven all the time.  I know it's gonna get dirty and stained,
but I'm not gonna help it get that way.  I use it only for bread (including
pita and focaccia) and pizza.  I disagree with the practice of pouring
water into a pan to create steam. I don't believe the home oven can create
enough heat to create enough steam.  I don't agree with opening the door
again to spray with water after the loaves have been put into the
oven.  There may be some steam created, but it is minimal, and you lose a
lot of heat by opening the door.  I spray my loaves just before I slide
them into the oven and I don't open the door again until it's time to check
the temperature of the bread with my instant thermometer.

Bob the Tarheel Baker