Steam and shoot-outs

Tarheel_Boy@webtv.net (Skallywagg Forever)
Sun, 27 Mar 2005 09:21:38 -0500
v105.n015.9
HOO BOY!  THAT WAS FUN, WASN'T IT?
*
To Diane Purkiss:  How big is that hurled glass of water, Diane?  Do I
understand you correctly that the steam lasts 20 minutes until you turn the
bread?  Mama mia, dat's a lotta steam.
*
To John in Yorkshire:  My instant thermometer takes about 5 seconds to
reach the max.  I guess I'll call it my 5-second thermometer from now on.
*
To Diane Brown:  Wow!  Is your cast-iron pan and oven for sale?  Good on
you!  Must be that lovely humidity in St. Louis.
*
To Pop:  Are you able to quickly get a lot of water into the pan with your
bulb syringe?  It seems as if you'd lose a lot of heat that way.
*
In any case, I accept your challenge to meet just north of the old feed
store to duel with baguettes at ten paces. Perhaps the two Dianes and John
will bring some olive oil.
*
Bob the Tarheel Baker and Gunslinger