Re:a prover (proofing cabinet)

Dave Glaze <daveglaze@shaw.ca>
Sun, 17 Apr 2005 10:03:55 -0700
v105.n018.8
Iris

I proof my breads in an insulated wooden cabinet with two light bulbs
attached to a thermostat.  I use two lightbulbs so when one burns out, I
will still have some warmth in there.  Depending on weather, the
temperature fluctuates about 8 or 10 degrees.  A more expensive thermostat
would fluctuate less, but the one I use gives satisfactory results.  The
breads are placed on the backs of  half-sheet pans (12" by 18") which are
placed inside large, clear, food safe bags.  The openings of the bags are
twist tied shut.  That way I don't have to worry about drying out.  The
cabinet has wooden racks for shelving which I made myself from 3/4 sticks
of wood.

Dave

Dave Glaze
daveglaze@shaw.ca