Home proofing cabinet

Larry J Renaud <ljrsphb@comcast.net>
Mon, 18 Apr 2005 09:36:53 -0400
v105.n018.10
To make a simple home proofing cabinet I do the following:
1. Use a box, any type will do, I use a Styrofoam cooler.
2. I cut out one side, and tap plastic curtain in its place
3. Turn upside down, insert instant read thermometer through the top
(original bottom)
4. Lay top on counter, place heating pad on top, turn heating pad on to medium
5. Place cooling rack on heating pad.
6. Place bread in bowl, bowl on cooling rack
7. Place inverted Styrofoam cooler over

The inserted thermometer will read air temperature.
Use heating pad control to adjust temperature.
To create a humid environment put a cup of boiling water in the box too.

Larry