RE: Cinnabon like rolls

lobo <lobo119@bresnan.net>
Sun, 12 Jun 2005 12:02:34 -0600
v105.n026.3
From: Maya & Anand <mayanand@omantel.net.om>
>Ate at Cinnabon in Dubai and fell in love with it. How can I make those
>rolls at home with a bread machine? I never know know what to do when the
>recipe says 1 cup of butter. Pls help.

I'm not sure what you mean about not knowing what to do with the butter ...
I would soften it before mixing it in.

Here's a good recipe my mom made not often enough! You can probably mix
these in your machine if it will hold the dough (I don't have one, so am
not familiar with their capacity), but they do have to be baked in an oven.
To make them as simply cinnamon rolls, skip the butterscotch pecan topping
portion of the recipe and frost them with a powdered sugar frosting after
they're baked.

PECAN BUTTERSCOTCH SWEET ROLLS
Makes 3 dozen

DOUGH

Mix:
1 c. warm milk
1.2 c. sugar
1 t. salt

Add:
2 pkgs dry yeast

Stir in:
2 eggs
1/2 c. soft shortening

Mix in:
4 1/2 to 5 c. flour

Knead until silky. Let rise until doubled. Punch down and let rise again.
Divide into 2 parts and allow to rest 15 minutes. Roll each part out to 9"
x 18" and spread with filling.

FILLING (for one part dough):
(you need to prepare 2 parts)

Spread over dough:
2 T. butter

Mix and sprinkle over dough:
1/2 c. sugar
2 t. cinnamon
Roll up from long side and cut into 1" slices (18 rolls). Repeat with other
part of dough.

BUTTERSCOTCH PECAN TOPPING (for one part dough ... you need to prepare 2 pans)

Coat 9" x 13" pan with:
1/2 to 3/4 c. melted butter
1/2 c. brown sugar
1 to 1 1/2 c. pecan halves

Place rolls on top of pecan mixture. Let rise til double. Bake at 375 F for
25-30 minutes. Do not overbake or topping will stick to pan instead of
rolls. Remove pan from oven and immediately turn upside down. Let pan stay
over rolls so butterscotch coating will run down into them.