Cinnabon like rolls

"Charlotte" <cjohnson@zoominternet.net>
Mon, 13 Jun 2005 07:21:41 -0400
v105.n026.7
In bread-bakers.v105.n025.4, Maya & Anand <mayanand@omantel.net.om> asked
for Cinnabon like rolls.  Here is a recipe that I found on the web several
years ago.  I have made these buns several times & they are wonderful. The
dough is very soft & nice to work with. I have been with the list for years
& enjoy it each week.  It is great to be able to share this with you
all.  Enjoy!!! ;-

Cinnabon's for the Bread Machine

1 c. milk
1 egg, beaten
4 Tbsp. melted butter
4 Tbsp. water
1/2 box instant vanilla pudding (3.4 oz. box)
4 c. bread flour
1 T. sugar
1/2 t. salt
2 1/2 t. bread machine yeast

Filling
1/2 c. butter, softened
1 c. brown sugar
2 t. cinnamon
1/4 c. chopped walnuts, opt
1/4 c. raisins, opt. (with walnuts and raisins this is awesome)

Frosting 1 (Real Cinnabon Frosting)
4 oz. cream cheese, room temp.
1/4 c. butter, softened
1 1/2 c. powdered sugar
1/2 t. vanilla
1 1/2 tsp. milk
3 T. real maple syrup

Frosting 2 (not the real thing, but good)
1 t. milk
1 1/2 c. powdered sugar
4 T. butter, softened
1 t. vanilla
1 1/2 T. milk

Preparation Instructions:

Place all ingredients in your machine in order recommended by your
machine's manufacturer.  Place the pan in your machine.  Select the dough
cycle and press start.  When cycle is finished, remove the dough, knead
enough to punch down and roll to 17x10 inches.

Combine first three filling ingredients and mix well.  Heat in microwave 10
sec. to make it spreadable.  Spread over rolled out dough with rubber
spatula.  Get as close to the edges as possible.  Sprinkle nuts or raisins
over dough.  Starting with widest end, roll the dough into tight log.  Cut
into 1/2 to 1 inch slices. Place in a lightly greased baking dish with sides.

Put in warm draft free place and allow them to raise until double.  (I turn
my oven on warm and place them inside. When the temp. light goes off, turn
off the oven. I let them rise 20-30 minutes this way. Take out to heat oven
to baking temp.)  Bake at 350 F for 15-20 minutes.

When the rolls are done top with frosting of your choice.

Note: For a real treat replace raisins in the filling with chopped dried
cherries, blueberries or strawberries. When doing this use frosting 1 or 2
and add a Tbsp. of matching fruit jam.

Yield: A full 9x13 inch pan.

Charlotte Johnson
Oxford, PA