For Maya in Oman

Tarheel_Boy@webtv.net (Skallywagg ...)
Thu, 16 Jun 2005 18:39:28 -0400
v105.n026.13
Hi, Maya.  I tried to answer you directly but the message was returned
as undeliverable.  Perhaps it will get to you via the Bread Bakers List.

Try this recipe for the Cinnabon rolls:
Cinnabon Rolls
Makes: 1 dozen

***Ingredients:***
1/2 cup Warm Water
2 packages Active Dry Yeast
2 tablespoons Sugar
1 package Instant Vanilla Pudding Mix (3.5 Oz) 1/2 cup Butter -- melted
2 Eggs -- beaten
1 teaspoon Salt
8 cups Flour
1/2 cup Butter -- melted
5 each 8 Or 9 Inch Square Baking Pans!! -- important

***Topping***
2 cups Brown Sugar, Packed
2 tablespoons Cinnamon

***Frosting***
8 ounces Cream Cheese -- softened
1/2 cup Butter -- softened
1 teaspoon Vanilla
3 cups Powdered Sugar
1 tablespoon Milk

***Directions:***
In small bowl, combine water, yeast and sugar. Stir until dissolved. Set
side. Yeast should bubble.

In large bowl, make pudding mix according to package directions. Mix until
slightly thickened. Add butter, eggs, salt; mix well. Add yeast. Blend.
Graudually add flour and knead until smooth.

Place in large greased bowl. Cover and let rise in warm draft free place
until double in size, about 1 hour. Punch down and let rise again, about 45
minutes. On lightly floured surface, roll out to 34" x 21" rectangle.
Spread 1/2 c melted butter over surface.

In small bowl, mix topping (brown sugar and cinnamon). Sprinkle over top of
dough. Starting at the long edge of the dough, roll up very tightly. With a
knife, put a notch every 2 inches. With string or thread place under roll
by notch and cross cross over to cut roll. Place 4 rolls into each baking
pan, 2" apart. Cover and let rise in warm draft free place until double.
Bake at 350 F for 15-20 minutes, remove when golden brown. Combine all
frosting ingredients and mix until smooth. Spread on warm rolls. Serve warm.

This is rated medium on a difficulty scale. Just take your time and you
should get it.

*
There are 453.59237 grams in a pound, so if your butter comes in 454 grams
size, you are getting just a tad over a pound, and not enough to make any
difference.  A stick would be a quarter-pound or 113.5 grams. I hope this
helps.

*
Please let me know how the buns come out. ;-))
*
Bob the Tarheel Baker