Re: artisan baking in electric oven

aqn@panix.com
Sun, 26 Jun 2005 22:44:37 -0400 (EDT)
v105.n028.9
Roxanne Rieske <rokzane@comcast.net> wrote:
>You can bake artisan breads using a stone in electric ovens. Not all
>electric ovens are alike, however. I have had a few that really were
>shoddy. The last one I had baked everything really unevenly and most
>of my breads turned out pale and rather horrid looking.

My (electric) oven is uneven as well.  It's hotter in the back than
in the front.  But I just rotate the loaf 180 degrees once or thrice
and everything is fine.  Come to think of it, I don't see how/why a
gas oven would be less prone to producing uneven heat...

Re. "artisan baking" in an electric oven:  why not?  It's a box that
gets hot.  Not really rocket science!

Andy Nguyen