RE: grinding wheat

RisaG <radiorlg@yahoo.com>
Sun, 24 Jul 2005 05:16:56 -0700 (PDT)
v105.n032.3
I used to use Prairie Gold too but Wegman's had a machine that ground
it for you. They sold 3 kinds of berries - one for bread flour,
Prairie Gold and one called Bronze Chief. They were all from Montana Gold.

Now I can only buy their bread flour at Wegman's but it is already
ground. They sell the bags of the berries but no way of grinding it.

So, I buy the King Arthur flour. It seems to go quickly at the
supermarket so I know that it is fresher than the commercial brands.
It isn't the freshest, like my Prairie Gold when I ground it myself!

I do not have a grinder, and probably never will. As it is my husband
thinks I'm nuts that I won't let him buy a loaf of bread (except for
Jewish Rye which I still can't get right). He does say that most of
my loaves are much better than the stores but he would love it if I
would actually buy a loaf here-and-there. No way. Never. I will not
compromise. Sorry.

Anyway, I bow to those who grind their own wheat. It tastes so much
better and the nutrition is better when you do.

I hope one day that Wegman's goes back to letting you grind your own
Prairie Gold or Bronze Chief as it tastes so much better when you do.
Also you know that it is healthier.

Until then, King Arthur will have to do.

RisaG