diastatic malt powder

FREDERICKA COHEN <cohenfs@prodigy.net>
Tue, 9 Aug 2005 07:00:32 -0700 (PDT)
v105.n034.5
For the past several months I have had measurable success using
diastatic malt powder in a variety of bread recipes.

Some have been with bread flour, some all-purpose flour, and some
with a portion of whole wheat. There have been retarded doughs and
"into-the oven- when-risen doughs."

Now I have read that it "takes eight hours for diastatic malt powder
to fully develop". I also drew the inference that the amount of
powder was determined by the retardation time.

In other words, the longer the retardation, the lesser amount of malt powder.

Anyone have any information and/or experience with this?

Many thanks, Fredericka