Re: ground soybeans

debunix <debunix@well.com>
Tue, 16 Aug 2005 14:49:55 -0500
v105.n035.17
>I have a bag of soybeans that I want to use, but read that it is
>bitter flour unless you cook them in water before grinding (sounds
>messy-) or  grind it and then toast it in the oven.  Can you tell me
>what you've done with it?  It sounds like a lot more work than wheatberries.

I have done it mixed in with wheat at a proportion of less than 10%
of the weight of the wheat, and a couple of time done perhaps 100g
straight.  It was just for an additive for wheat bread, never for use
on its own, as it does not taste good nor is it particularly good for
you if eaten raw (rather than cooked or sprouted).

--diane