Re: Bread Puddings

dmrogers218@comcast.net
Mon, 26 Sep 2005 12:27:51 +0000
v105.n041.5
This is one we like in the south.  If you can't get Krispy Kreme
donuts you will need to use a sugary donut.  Those are the kind that
melt in your mouth.  Not one that is thick and chewy.  I use the
fruit cocktail with extra cherries or you can just add a small
(drained) jar of chopped cherries if you want.  I have also poured
the rum sauce over the whole pudding (while it was warm) to take to
family reunions.

Bill Nicholson's Krispy Kreme Bread Pudding with Butter Rum Sauce
Recipe courtesy Paula Deen

2 dozen Krispy Kreme donuts
1 (14-ounce) can sweetened condensed milk (not evaporated)
2 (4.5-ounce) cans fruit cocktail (undrained)
2 eggs, beaten
1 (9-ounce) box raisins
1 pinch salt
1 or 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
Butter Rum Sauce, recipe follows

Preheat oven to 350 F.

Cube donuts into a large bowl. Pour other ingredients on top of
donuts and let soak for a few minutes. Mix all ingredients together
until donuts have soaked up the liquid as much as possible. Bake for
about 1 hour until center has jelled. Top with Butter Rum Sauce.

Butter Rum Sauce:
1 stick butter
1 pound box confectioners' sugar
Rum, to taste

Melt butter and slowly stir in confectioners' sugar. Add rum and heat
until bubbly. Pour over each serving of Krispy Kreme Bread Pudding.