Cindy's Kitchen Aid question + a request

RCox45@aol.com
Sun, 2 Oct 2005 05:57:11 EDT
v105.n042.1
Cindy wrote: If a person also make cakes often, will the kitchen-aid
be a more useful piece of equipment to have?

My opinion is... I like both the bread machine and the Kitchen
Aid.   If my KA was to die today, tomorrow I'd buy a new one (It's
Sunday, or I'd go today!).  I've had mine for around 20 years.  It's
great for  quantities of bread dough that are too large for my
Zo.  For cakes,  cookies, literally anything that requires mixing...
I use my KA.  It just  works away, while I can go on working on
something else.  I've purchased  one for each of my 2 children who've
left the nest.  For regular bread  dough, or the smaller quantities
of yeast doughs, my Zo is a lifesaver.   Dump it all in and it comes
out ready to shape, raise and bake.  Both  wonderful tools.

While I'm writing, my family absolutely loves the rolls
from  O'Charlies. They are very soft, yeasty, and have a topping that
tastes  somewhat like melted butter with a touch of honey.  Someone
posted a recipe  (I think it was on this list) a while back, but it
just wasn't the same  flavor/texture.  It almost seems as if they
make them up ahead of time and  microwave them, as they are soft and
as they cool, they get a tad chewy.   Anyone work there who could
affirm/deny that?  Any recipes? Thanks for your  help in advance.  I
love this list!

Cheryl