Re: An ocean's difference

"Mary Fisher" <mary.fisher@zetnet.co.uk>
Tue, 4 Oct 2005 20:13:02 +0100
v105.n042.8
>What a difference an ocean makes.  I knew that you people over there
>didn't know what a cookie was and we had to send the cookie monster
>over there to straighten things out.  But now we find out you don't
>know what English muffins are?
>Horrors.

LOL!

But, I wonder, do you know what "American Muffins" are?

Muffins is muffins. The definitive is what you're used to. To us in
Great Britain American Muffins are over-blown cakes in various
flavours, sold at motorway service stations and apparently intended
as single portions.

These days British people have larger appetites than they used to,
especially the younger ones (i.e. not me), so eat them with relish.

And I don't mean sauce or pickle ...

:-)

Mary