Bread in Paris

Laura Locklin <lauralocklin@yahoo.com>
Sun, 27 Nov 2005 20:56:42 -0800 (PST)
v105.n049.4
Poilane in London? I wish I had known that last year and this!

In 2002 my then 12 year old granddaughter and I rented an apartment
on Place Monge in Paris. Our building's courtyard opened on to Place
Monge in the front and Rue Mouffetard in the rear. We made several
pilgrimages to Poilane on the metro.....in fact we brought back some
of his butter cookies for Bob, the Tarheel Baker who posts here. The
bread wouldn't travel well to the U.S.  but the cookies did. Rue
Monge was pretty close by.....but we didn't know about the boulangerie there.

Last summer and this summer we spent quite a bit of time in
London....and we would happily have chased down London's Poilane.
Another excuse to return to one of our favorite cities.
   Laura