RE: Silverton Raisin Brioche

lobo <lobo119@bresnan.net>
Tue, 29 Nov 2005 18:41:39 -0700
v105.n049.11
The raisin brioche came out lovely, sorta .... she calls the crust
browned, I call it burned and am cutting it off!  Thanks to those who
responded to my mixing procedure question.

I flipped through the whole book last night and find that almost all
her recipes call for baking at an oven heated at 500 for an hour and
then reduced to 450F, plus a lot of spritzing of water into the
oven.  Is there a better/easier way? .... pans of water in the
oven?  And a lower temp/different amount of time so the crust doesn't
burn?  Quite frankly, the bread's not worth it.  It's soft and nice
looking, but pretty bland.  It needs cinnamon or more salt or
something to add some flavor.

Does anyone have a good cinnamon/raisin bread recipe?  TIA!

Lobo