Honey Whole Wheat Bread

Epwerth15@aol.com
Mon, 5 Dec 2005 09:41:07 EST
v105.n050.4
This is one I've been making for many years.....

HONEY WHOLE WHEAT  BREAD

2 pkg. dry yeast
1/4 c. warm water
1/2 c. honey
3  teas. salt
2 1/2 c. HOT water
1/4 c. butter or margarine
4 1/2 c. whole wheat flour
2 3/4 to 3 3/4 c. all purpose flour

In small bowl, dissolve yeast in warm water. In large bowl, combine
honey, salt, hot water and butter or margarine; cool slightly. To
this add 3 c. whole wheat flour. Blend at low speed until moistened;
beat 3 minutes at medium speed. Add remaining whole wheat flour and
dissolved yeast; mix well. Stir in 2 1/4 to 3 1/4 c. all purpose
flour (let machine do this part?) Place in greased bowl, cover, & let
rise till light and doubled, about 45 min.

Grease 2 8x4 in. loaf pans. Punch dough down, divide in half. Shape
into loaves & place in pans. Cover, let rise till doubled and bake at
375F for30 min. Reduce heat to 350F and bake 10 to 15 minutes more.
Remove from pans & cool on wire racks.

I use a 13"x4" Pullman pan, that will hold 3 lbs. of dough. Use
remaining dough for rolls. Bake covered for 30 minutes, then remove
the cover, turn the oven down to 350F and bake 20 minutes more.

YIELD: Two 1-1/2 lb  loaves
SUBMITTED BY: Evie Werthmann
SOURCE: Pillsbury The Complete Book of  Baking, Copyright 1993

Evie