mixing thanks & bread comment

lobo <lobo119@bresnan.net>
Sun, 11 Dec 2005 19:46:32 -0700
v105.n051.7
So many people responded to my mixing procedure question that I am
going to say thank you here to all of you!

To make this bread-related too, read on ....

"Barrie J. Lax" <barlax@synapse.net> wrote:
>Lobo's remarks made me laugh. Years ago (more than I care to
>remember) I used to follow recipes to the letter, particularly
>'baking' recipes, be they cakes or breads. I then got fed up
>and  began simplifying, Big Surprise, little changed, in fact the
>end result was sometimes better!

Last week, I baked my usual white bread (the 4-H champion bread
recipe adapted to sourdough which I have previously posted here).  I
put the margarine in the microwave to melt and forgot it until the
next morning when I opened it to cook my oatmeal!  The bread raised
just fine, looked beautiful, was damper than usual and had a rustic
bread taste.  Verified my experience that you can do a lot of things
to basic bread and it will still be edible and sometimes even better!

>Follow your logic Mr. Lobo, be you apple or wolf, and more power to you.

FYI ... that's Mrs. Lobo .... long story made short: remember the tv
show "The Waltons"? ... "Good-night John-Boy, good-night Mary Ellen,
good-night Lois-Bob" ... somehow that turned into Lobo.  I'd never
had a nickname and never much liked my name, so I kept it !  :)

"Mary Fisher" <mary.fisher@zetnet.co.uk> wrote:
>Lobo, I'm so very pleased to hear of someone else who asks
>'Why?'  The problem is that it's always seen as being challenging,
>as though I'm saying that someone is wrong.  I'm not, I just want to
>know the reason ...

Yep ... that's been my experience.  I've gotten in trouble for it
with people who thought I was questioning their authority.

Merry Christmas to all!   Lobo