Digital Scales

Tony Ernst <tee@sgi.com>
Mon, 27 Feb 2006 08:33:17 -0600
v106.n009.8
Yes, there are scales that can measure in 1 gram increments.

My scale is an Escali Primo.  It has a capacity of 11 pounds, and a
resolution of 1 gram or 0.05 ounces.  Besides that, it's very compact
and easy to store.  It costs around $25-30.  I bought mine at a
homebrew supply store.  (Making bread and making beer have more in
common than you would think!

As far as I'm concerned, a digital scale is a necessity.  It makes
baking so much easier.  I put the mixing bowl on the scale, zero the
scale, add the first ingredient, zero it again, add the next
ingredient, zero it ...

It's one of my favorite tools.  I don't know how I baked all those
years without it.

Tony