RE: Grape Nuts bread

rokzane@comcast.net
Sun, 04 Jun 2006 13:38:40 +0000
v106.n023.6
Mary Fisher wrote:

>But I thought that Grape Nuts were made with ground/pelleted bread
>so we'll be making bread with bread, not with other grains ... It's
>also interesting that no yeast is used.  That makes me wonder about
>the definition of 'bread', Roxanne's recipe sounds more like a cake.
>But I SHALL try it - and report.

The ingredients list on the box says "cracked whole wheat" so the
cracked wheat may be somewhat cooked, but I don't think the cereal is
actually bread...

Grape Nuts is a high fiber, whole grain cereal with a good
nutritional punch to it--that's why I like using it.

And the recipe IS a quick bread (chemical levening, no yeast), and
the person I was responding to with this recipe asked for whole grain
quick bread recipes.

I'm glad that those who are using it or tried it find it so yummy :)
I certainly do! Thanks to all who sent me private thank-yous, that
was really nice!

Roxanne