Stand Mixers

"Mary Flack" <mflack@cvtv.net>
Sun, 4 Jun 2006 18:59:49 -0500
v106.n023.13
Hi Erik,

You asked for suggestion for a good stand mixer.  See the article in
Cooks Illustrated - Nov-Dec 2005  they did a lot of testing on stand
mixers.  I too wanted to upgrade my old KA mixer.  My problem was the
height of the machines.  I wanted mine to fix under my
cabinets.  After much research I choose a Delonghi DSM5.  It is a 5
qt. machine.  They also make a 7 qt. that I found just to big.  It
was very hard to find and I ended up purchasing in on Ebay.  I have
been very happy with it.  I have made several heavy breads and my
German Stollen (3 loves).  The only thing I do not care for is that
the bowl is hard to clean on the bottom where it locks on to the
machine.  (KA is better here).  The way I get around the problem is
to not set the bowl in dish water.  I just hand wash the bowl (It can
go in the dishwasher).  I love the shape of the bowl - it is easy to
add to and to scrape down.  It is a work horse.

Good luck.