Mixer woes

francinemorin@netscape.net
Tue, 06 Jun 2006 09:33:23 -0400
v106.n023.16
Hi Erik,

I had pretty much the same problem then you with KA ( I didn't say
the word...). so in January 2005 I was looking for a stronger mixer.
There was the Viking 7-Quart Mixer with 1000 watts of power, but the
price then was $500 at the Baker's Catalog and everywhere else. I
also found the Delonghi DSM7 Stand Mixer at 980 watts. After a little
internet search I found it on pricegrabber (nice "comparison price"
site) at $319.99 at etronics.com (I just did a little search before
writing this message and both are more expensive now but the Delonghi
is still cheaper on pricegrabber ($319.99-$630.00). I have been using
it since January 2005. I did pretty much all the recipes in The Bread
Baker's Apprentice, by Peter Reinhart and other... even with the
stiffest dough (bagels...) it works well and I am happy with it. I
think a commercial Hobart will be great but then at this price I'll
have to open a bakery...

Francine