RE: Grape Nuts bread

"Brett Baker" <Brett_Baker@charter.net>
Tue, 6 Jun 2006 10:06:57 -0500
v106.n023.18
Hi Mary,

I'm with you, Grape Nuts is a great way to start your day.  But have
you ever tried hot Grape Nuts?

Many years ago, 1960 to be exact, I was working as a project engineer
supervising construction in about half a dozen different locations
throughout the New England states.  That required me to travel
extensively throughout the area.  One day while traveling down the
coast of Maine I stopped in a tiny restaurant for breakfast.  I think
it was in the town of Searsport but for the life of me I'll never
remember the name of the restaurant.  Anyhow, the waitress mentioned
that they served hot Grape Nuts.  I was intrigued so I ordered
it.  It merely consisted of a bowl of the cereal over which she
poured boiling water then served it piping hot with cream and sugar
on the side.  The boiling water causes the cereal to melt down into a
delightful porridge that is absolutely delicious and I've made it
ever since.  Since then I've refined the recipe by simply adding cold
milk to the cereal then popping it into the microwave until the milk
boils.  Let it sit a couple minutes, sweeten and enjoy.

If you've never tried this please do.  If you like the flavor of
Grape Nuts you'll love this, especially on a cold winter morning.

Brett