Re: Mixer woes

yguaba@yahoo.com.br
Thu, 22 Jun 2006 00:46:57 -0300
v106.n025.12
Dear all,

I just really wanted to profusely thank each and every one of you who
replied to my post and shared your experiences and recommendations. I
learned in a couple of weeks from you what would otherwise have taken
me years, lots of money, and an untold amount of frustration.

Before signing off, I want to comment on Karen's post:

"Karen Ford" <kdford@worldnet.att.net> wrote:
>As a product marketer in a large company, I sure would want to
>see/hear about this kind of input if customers were having that kind
>of problem with my products, as it will certainly begin to affect
>the bottom-line.revenue.  Although, I doubt KA is unaware at this
>point if folks have been experiencing problems for this long!

I have been in touch with Whirlpool (the company that owns
KitchenAid) from the very beginning. They were actually quite good at
showing sympathy, sounding concerned, and asking what they could do
to make me happy. Here's part of the last message I received from a
Whirlpool manager (which was also addressed to other Whirlpool
people, hence the "we" in the message):

>I believe it is time to recognize that there are probably many
>consumers like Erik, but don't have the kindness nor the
>faithfulness to the brand to communicate, they have just walked away
>from the KitchenAid Brand.
>
>Erik, please try to let us know how we can still prove to you that
>the KitchenAid Brand is more than just the products we put our name
>on, it is about customer service and how well we take care of our
>VALUED KitchenAid consumers.

Unfortunately, in the end it's all empty talk, because what I want is
a mixer that actually gets the job done without all the hassle I've
had. But KA doesn't seem to be willing to make mixers as dependable
and durable as they once were.

Oh well, I'll start flirting with a Bosch...

Cheers,

Erik