Re: Crusty French Bread/Chilling

rvh@inteliport.com
Mon, 3 Jul 2006 13:12:16 -0400 (EDT)
v106.n027.5
Stephen:
You are right on target.  I assume you're talking about pain a
l'ancienne from BBA.  Make the dough, mix and knead per
instructions.  Then chill right away.  No rise in the room temp.  You
can keep this for AT LEAST THREE DAYS under refrigeration.  The only
thing that happens is it gets MORE flavor.  I never can last more
than 3 days without baking it so I can't say if you can go
longer.  The other option is to complete the bread, bake it and
freeze the loaves to travel.  Warming is simple at the other end.

May all your crumbs be flavorful!
Later, Rich-in-nc