Re: Montana wheat bread

Linda C <chasebusiness@sbcglobal.net>
Sat, 14 Oct 2006 07:53:19 -0700 (PDT)
v106.n042.4
Fredericka wrote:
>The Montana whole wheat bread looks delicious!  What kind of yeast
>did you use? Instant or active dry?  Do they make any comment on
>suggested yeast?

That's what I use and use it just like any other whole wheat grain,
but it is a lighter weight bread.  I love it.

My recipe is...

1 cup ww flour
2 tsp yeast
1 cup very warm water

Mix and let sit 5 minutes.
During 5 minutes, put 1 cup milk or buttermilk and 2 T butter
in  micro bowl and micro 1 minute.  Cool.
Pour milk/butter into yeast mix.  Add 1/4 cup vital wheat gluten and
1/4 cup sweet whey powder.  Mix well.  Begin adding ww flour 1/2 cup
at a time until firm, but slightly sticky dough is formed.  Continue
kneading.  Do not add too much flour or it will be tough bread.  Rise
in bowl, gently round to deflate, rise again, deflate and form 2
loaves, rise in pan, bake at 350F, 40 minutes.

It's not an exact recipe.  It depends on the humidity and flour on
how much flour you wind up adding.

Linda

Blessya'bunches from a Linda
   My Blog - Tela de la Vida, the fabric of life
   www.fabric-of-life.blogspot.com