No Knead again..

"Margaret G. Cope" <mgcope@charter.net>
Wed, 26 Dec 2007 09:26:18 -0500
v106.n048.7
Sorry. to D. Breckler for his/her problems.  I have made it 5 times
now and it is superb...fabulous as I said before.  I follow the
directions...and use the SAF dry yeast as directed.  I use KA bread
flour though I have made it with KA regular.  I have added a 1/2 cup
of whole wheat flour as well as a little sour dough starter and that
worked just fine.

I let it rise 18 hours at room temp (70 F in my kitchen).  The towels
need to be liberally floured and I top it with abit of corn meal.

I now bake it in a 2-3 quart Anchor Hocking  glass bowl purchased
last week at Ocean State Job Lots for $2.00 with a pyrex lid that I
have.  It comes out just perfectly.  I had baked it in a larger
pottery bowl but it was cracking more than it already had before I
baked in it.  A Pyrex clear glass bowl would work too but I don't
have one and I can't find one up here in the north country.  The
dumping is problematic but I slide a wooden peel under the towel,
carry it to the oven (I use the lower one because I am short) and
push the mass into the bowl with a metal bench scaper.  A little
might stick  but most ends up in the bowl and quickly cover it with
the pyrex lid. I assume the flour feeds the yeast.

Happy New Year to everyone.