No Knead Bread:

Gloria J Martin <ggmartin2@juno.com>
Thu, 11 Jan 2007 23:29:00 -0600
v107.n003.17
You can add me to the converts. I've made and taught bread baking
classes for years and specialize in the Holiday types. However, when
I saw the recipe for this on your site, I was intrigued and had to
try it. I finished baking it shortly before I had dinner, and so
after it had cooled sufficiently, I had 3 slices for dessert! I
followed the recipe exactly and doing so made it work perfectly. I
made 2 errors. #1. I thought I had floured the towel the dough rested
on just before baking heavily, but it did stick, so next time I will
flour it more. #2 was a stupid mistake I made. When the recipe said
to use a 6-8 qt. covered bowl to bake it I had trouble thinking of
one I had that big. Finally I remembered I have a 6 qt. Slow Cooker,
crock, with a glass lid and a ceramic handle in the middle. It worked
fine, except when I went to check on the baking at the time I was to
remove the lid I found the handle had been plastic and had melted all
over the top of the lid! Needless to say, I will have to find
something different next time. I believe I could use one just a little smaller.

I do have a question. I know that salt inhibits the growth of yeast,
but I do believe I would like a little more salt in the finished
product. Would adding an additional 1/4 teaspoon inhibit the yeast too much?

I've been on your list for a number of years, and special things like
this bread is the reason why. Also different people will contribute
answers to problems people have, and sometimes the answer is just
what I've been searching for. I thank you for doing this for all of
us who are on your list.

Gloria Martin