Gluten Free Bread

"Leigh" <leigh@leighd.net>
Sun, 29 Apr 2007 08:52:05 -0700
v107.n015.4
Hi Rob -

I have made this one; it's from celiac.com.  There are a lot of bread
recipes on there, including white, whole wheat, soda, and French
bread.  I have not tried them, but it's a great resource.

Cornbread
1 1/4 cups yellow corn meal
1/2 cup white rice flour
1/4 cup tapioca flour
1/4 cup sugar
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup skim milk
1/4 cup vegetable oil
1 egg, beaten

Combine dry ingredients in a bowl and stir together until evenly
mixed. Stir in milk, oil, and egg and mix just until dry ingredients
are moistened. Pour batter into a greased 8 or 9 inch pan (or can use
muffin tins if desired). Bake at 400 F for 20-25 minutes or until
light golden brown and wooden pick inserted in center comes out
clean. Makes about 8-9 servings.

You can substitute 1/3 cup dry milk and 1 cup water for the skim
milk, or a GF non-dairy milk substitute if needed.

Leigh

Hello,
My name is Rob and I have received postings from this digest since
March,2006...I have enjoyed the discussion of making bread, dealing with
problems of making bread, and the sharing of successes and occasional
failures of the same---

I am mailing to appeal to subscribers in an effort to find breads that may
be made without wheat flour...As strange as that may sound, I would like to
find recipes and/or baking resources (books) that
will help me make bread with and for a very dear friend who has discovered
she has developed an allergy to wheat flour---

I would be much obliged to anyone who can assist me in this objective and I
can assure you that my friend, Miss June, will appreciate your concern
through any response...my email address is:  robdashiv@hotmail.com

  ...Thank you for any assistance!