Stones or tiles

Linda C <chasebusiness@sbcglobal.net>
Sun, 17 Jun 2007 18:57:13 -0700 (PDT)
v107.n022.2
Gloria and all,

I hope I don't sound ditzy, but you said the tiles on the bottom rack
and leaving them there for cookies and such.  Do you bake your
cookies on the tiles, as well as bread?

I have a set of tiles that I got that fit on an aluminum sheet.  Alas
I broke one tile and lost the aluminum sheet in the move, but hey,
the rest still work, I imagine.  After I got a pizza stone I quit
using them.  I'd like to return to them because the info with my
PampChef stone said not to preheat the stone and I like the hot stone
to put pizza and bread on and the tiles are always preheated first.

Also, do you cook bread straight on the stone or in a bread pan?  I
use pans and the heat is not always even and so the tiles might help
with that, I suppose?

Thanks for your input