Cleanup

Haack Carolyn <haacknjack@sbcglobal.net>
Sun, 1 Jul 2007 18:25:51 -0700 (PDT)
v107.n023.2
Joe, as my late husband used to say, 'tincture of time' is an easy
cure for flour-paste clean up.

If it's in a bowl or on a baking sheet, fill the item with tap water
and let it sit in the sink a couple hours, until dinner, overnight
... come back later and it's all half-dissolved and just a 'swish'
away. This also works for oatmeal pots.

On the countertop, similar measures (but a little quicker if you're
working on wood) ... take your sponge pretty full of water, squeeze
it out on the counter and let it sit a bit.  (Not so much water that
it runs off onto the floor of course.)  I find the plastic-mesh
scrubbies do a very nice job on softened crud on horizontal surfaces.

For post-muffin drip-on-the-pan cleanup, it's also very effective to
just put the pan in the next dishwasher load -- the machine probably
won't clear off every smidge, but if you take to the pan immediately
when the 'dry' cycle begins, the drip-drops will be totally soft and
can be scrubbed off almost effortlessly.

Anything you make with grain & water, water will substantially clean
up for you with a little time.  Enjoy!