Re: Baking tiles

debunix <debunix@well.com>
Sat, 30 Jun 2007 23:32:06 -0700
v107.n023.6
I leave my tiles in the oven unless I specifically don't want them--
I'll remove them for delicate cakes, or sometimes if I am in a hurry
and don't want to wait the extra time for the oven to preheat.

I have what sounds like the same set, with thin bricks and an
aluminum sheet that holds them all.  Nearly all of the bricks in my 2
sets are broken at least once, but they fit tightly together in the
tray and still work fine to bake breads etc.  I often bake hearth
breads, and always do pizzas, foccacias and pitas, directly on the bricks.

--diane in los angeles

http://www.well.com/user/debunix/recipes/FoodPages.html