Problem: burned dough in abm

JATRAVEL@aol.com
Mon, 5 Nov 2007 10:28:24 EST
v107.n032.5
Hello everyone,

I have a problem that I have never seen mentioned on this list.  A
few weeks ago I was using my Regal ABM and the bread rose much too
high.  I lifted the lid and it deflated.  I thought the problem was
solved until I later smelled smoke.  The dough had gone over the side
onto the unit and burned.  Besides a smoky house, and ruined bread,
the pan and unit still smell of acrid smoke.  I have
tried  everything I can think of to remove the smell: white vinegar,
baking soda, odor-removing Dawn and soda and vinegar combined. It is
still horrible and unusable three weeks later.  Any ideas, anyone?

Thanks so much,
Jan