KitchenAid, Bosch and what worked for me

Linda C <chasebusiness@sbcglobal.net>
Fri, 9 Nov 2007 20:35:07 -0800 (PST)
v107.n033.2
I had a kitchenaid... k45 ... 250 watts and though I completely wore
it out, it made grindy noises while I kneaded bread, it still kept
kneading.  But because it needed replaced, my dh convinced me to get
a more powerful one because I make several loaves of bread at a time
and at least once a week.  And I like to do most of the kneading with
the mixer and finish off on the counter for rising.  So, I went for
the Bosch Universal after a lot of research and reading
reviews.  There are somethings easier with the KA, like mixing
batters are less messy in the KA because of the middle post in the
Bosch.  But all in all and because my biggest use is bread making, I
am totally sold on the strength and quality of the Bosch and the
recipe that came with it I've adapted to my use and make quick work
of 4 loaves of bread.  It really does knead the bread better than the
KA ever did.  The kneading hooks are made differently and work much
more efficiently.  Plus, I love the blender with the Bosch.  Much
more powerful.  The Bosch Universal is 700 watts.

Linda

ps... I know others have different experiences with each one.  I
think it all boils down to what works for you needs.  I am
utilitarian and need what I need to get my bread made for my
family.  We like hearty, but pliable sliced bread for sandwiches and
toast.  I also make pizza dough occasionally.  I use all fresh ground
whole grain, but want it light enough to bend a little before it
breaks.  So the recipe I've worked on and the equipment I have works
great for me.  It might not for someone else.

Blessya'bunches from a Linda
Just a Stitch in Time
http://360.yahoo.com/chasebusiness