Re: microorganisms

Tarheel_Boy@webtv.net (Tarheel Boy)
Mon, 10 Dec 2007 12:32:27 -0500
v107.n036.5
Oh, lordy.  Now Allen tells me I have microorganisms in my flour.  What next?

Just kidding, Allen.  Yes, I was feeding all my starters with the
same flour.  It was King Arthur unbleached all-purpose flour.

I suppose the microrganisms in the flour could have something to do
with taste change, but I still have to go with the wild yeasts in the
air in my mountain neighborhood and my kitchen.  Interesting idea,
though.  In any case, there are so many bread recipes and so little
time that I'm just not going to worry about it.  ;-

Bob the Tarheel Baker