burnt bread

<gonzow@nopalmx.com>
Tue, 24 Jun 2008 16:42:13 -0500
v108.n025.6
For a few weeks I have been reading about how everyone should
overcook their bread.  The only time I use a thermometer is when I
cook pumpernickel as its so dark its hard to tell when its done.  But
I cook mine to 185 F, others said bread should be cooked to 195-200 F.

Then someone posted a message that said that all Americans under cook
their bread.  They said we should cook it for 10 minutes longer then
we think it needs.

I was ready to call my shrink and say what is wrong with me I like my
bread, soft, moist and flavorful.  I don't like bread that is over
cooked, hard and dried out.   If I buy rolls in a store I always pick
out the lightest ones!

Then last night I am watching Emeril live on the food network he is
having a show about making pizzas and Emeril (GOD) is making these
garlic knots out of pizza dough and he says you should cook them
until they are LIGHT golden brown.  They go off on a commercial and
when they come back he goes to the oven and pulls out these rolls
that are the lightest golden brown I have ever seen. There is NO
BROWN, a very light gold.   He says perfect.  He dumps then in a bowl
and pours garlic butter, over the top and says BAM!  LIGHT is good!

So I guess its Emeril and I against the world.  Oh well I am in good
company.  Me for light golden brown loafs!