Re: burnt bread

aqn@panix.com
Sat, 12 Jul 2008 17:34:47 -0400 (EDT)
v108.n026.11
Pfftht!  Everyone is an expert!  There is only one person who is
right:  you! I might tell you (though I won't!) the correct internal
temperatures is 215 F but that does you no good 'cause you don't live
in my house, use my flour and water and yeast, nor bake in my
oven.  Use others' recommendations as starting points and experiment
until you yourself are satisfied.

Then someone posted a message that said that all Americans under cook
their bread.  They said we should cook it for 10 minutes longer then
we think it needs.

Yeah, I saw that "ten minutes more than we think it needs" as well,
and my thought was "what a grand, sweeping statement!"

Andy Nguyen