Recommendations Please

Gary Eisenhammer <pending@xplornet.com>
Thu, 17 Jul 2008 21:59:56 -0400
v108.n026.14
Dwayne;

I got a copy of The Bread Bakers Apprentice as a Christmas gift a few
years ago and like you found it to be a great inspiration and
although I now try a lot of different recipes, and my own variations,
I still use the book on a regular basis.

As for a thermometer, I use the Thermapen (~$90) for all my
cooking.  It is a bit pricey but easy to use, fast and very
reliable.  I think Cook's Illustrated did a recent test of
thermometers and although the Thermapen is still their preferred
make, they did recommend another, less expensive make.  I have been
using a digital scale, the Salter Aquatronic (~$70?) for 4-5 years
now and find it more convenient and accurate than my old, albeit
inexpensive, analog scale.

Gary Eisenhammer