Baking Temperature

"Dwayne Kryger" <dwayne.kryger@content-mgmt.com>
Mon, 11 Aug 2008 17:18:38 -0400
v108.n030.2
Thanks for everyone's input on my recent request for Thermometer and
Scale recommendations.  I got a digital thermometer from Wal-Mart for
about $14 (I forget the brand, but it works great).  I'll probably
get a My Weigh KD7000 soon.

Now I've got another question for the group.  I've been using Peter
Reinhart's "Bread Baker's Apprentice" and Jim Lahey's No knead Bread
recipes lately and they both seem to bake at a much higher
temperature than many of my other recipes call for.

So my question is: If we assume that bread is done when the internal
temperature reaches 205 degrees what will be the difference between a
loaf baked at a lower temperature for a longer time against a loaf
baked at a higher temperature for a shorter time?  I would guess that
each has advantages and disadvantages.

Thanks in advance for your input,
Dwayne