Steve: Baking Stones

"Vickilynn H" <realfoodliving@gmail.com>
Sun, 21 Sep 2008 09:18:02 -0400
v108.n035.2
Hi Steve,

I have broken several individual stones as well through the years and
decided to get serious!!  I found something in one of Peter
reinhardt's books, (BBA I believe) about a stone INSERT to your oven
called The HearthStone.

We bought one and it stays in the oven all the time. It never needs
to be removed, but it works fantastically on my hearth breads,
pizzas, focaccia, bagels (bakes at 500 degrees) and also still works
using 359 temps for muffins, cakes, casseroles etc.

What it does is not only act as a stone surface, like a baking stone,
but creates a field (It is a 'U" shaped insert, stone on all sides)
and keeps the temperature within it constant. You can also use steam
underneath it for hearth crusts.

When I went to a Peter Reinhardt demonstration, we talked about it
and he still uses his and recommends it for the home baker,

No, I don't sell it (or anything actually), I simply extol its
virtues as a satisfied user.

Here is a review on it:
http://www.betterbaking.com/viewArticle.php?article_id=45
HearthKit Ceramic Oven Insert

*A Hearthy Recommendation*

<http://www.betterbaking.com/recommend.php?url=http%3A%2F%2Fbetterbaking.com%2FviewArticle.php%3Farticle_id%3D45&signature=bafc7f3b45bb1bf1a39ecdbdbdd52519&PHPSESSID=b2638a20751ce70a94ce0aec94928215>
[image: (c) BakerBoulanger / BetterBaking.com 1997-2003]

~~In Messiah Yeshua,
Vickilynn Haycraft
Micah 6:8
http://www.realfoodliving.com