re:pizza stone

Peter Eisenreich <pete.and.nancy@juno.com>
Sat, 11 Oct 2008 09:11:59 -0400
v108.n038.2
>So what happens when you have a big expensive stone and something
>greasy drips all over it (say, for example that you dump the
>toppings of a long cooked broccoli and meunster pizza completely on the stone).

I clean mine by leaving it in my electric oven when I run the "self
clean" which burns it off.  This works great if you have that kind of
oven.  Often I just wipe it off and flip it over.  It cooks off.  I
leave it in the oven all the time and do make Pizza on it at 500F
several times a month.  (and do get pizza sauce and cheese on it)

HTH,
Pete