Cleaning an oven stone

"Leigh Monichon" <leigh@leighd.net>
Sat, 11 Oct 2008 07:21:49 -0700
v108.n038.6
Hi Teresa -

I have the Hearthkit, which has worked well for me. I have an old
oven that works okay but can use some extra help.

It's heavy so I don't take it out often. For minor cleans, I wipe it
down with a rag and water. I also do that before a major cleaning.
For major cleaning, I leave it in the oven while I run the oven on a
self-clean cycle. I remove the sides first so the air can circulate
more freely.

If I didn't have a self cleaning oven, I would probably leave it on
my outdoor grill for a while to burn most of the food off. It's too
big to use on my outdoor grill (and still have room to grill) so
there I use a leftover tile from granite work I had done.

Leigh