Re: stand mixers

Ed Wilkinson <oregon_ed@charter.net>
Sun, 23 Nov 2008 21:18:34 -0800
v108.n043.9
I'm no expert, but every week for the last year I've baked three
loaves of bread; two sourdough, using Peter Reinhardt's book
Breadmaker's Apprentice, and one whole wheat loaf using Peter's other
book Whole Wheat Bread, and I am very satisfied with my KA Pro 600.

It's not the first one I had...I had to return my first one because
the planetary post that holds the dough hook/whip/paddle came apart,
a nylon bushing literally stripped out of the post and fell onto my
batter, along with a bunch of black oil.

I called KA, and got the best service I've ever had from a vendor, a
box was shipped the next day and I had a new Pro 600 three days later.

The only thing I regret is that when I bundled up the old supplies
with the broken Pro600 I included the two-part pouring shield, which
is much better than the horrible one piece they replaced it with,
which sends flour flying all over the room to the point that I
stopped using it.

But I love my Pro 600. I make pasta, sausage, ice cream, etc., and my
usual weekly three loaves and it's never let me down.

Ed