Viking Mixer

"Leigh Monichon" <leigh@leighd.net>
Sun, 14 Dec 2008 09:04:16 -0800
v108.n046.7
I had wanted a Viking mixer for years... dreamt about it, thought
about it, finally bought one.  The first one emitted smoke on my
first batch of bread.  They took it off to repair it, ended up
replacing it instead, and the second one smoked on the second loaf of
bread.  It was the same size batch I make regularly in my 20 year old
KitchenAid.  At that point the shipper (King Arthur Flour) and I
agreed that it wasn't a match and cut our losses.

I'm told the new KitchenAids are not like the ones I have; perhaps
the same thing happened to Viking - or I got two duds.  I gave up
after two, though.

Leigh