Jewish Bread

<gonzow@nopalmx.com>
Sat, 27 Dec 2008 11:18:24 -0600
v109.n001.13
Laura asked about Jewish bread in Cuernavaca.  We have a small
Orthodox Jewish community.  They all live in one large
condominium.  Most (maybe all not sure) live in Mexico City and just
come here on the Holidays and weekends.  (we are an hours drive from
the city but the weather is totally different

Anyhow there are no Jewish bakeries here.  Its one of the things I
miss most from Detroit, I have to make my own pumpernickel, rye,
etc.  And, to do that I have to import the flours from the US.  I
have a friend bring me down a care package from King Arthur every
year or so.  We can get bagels at Sams Club.  And this German
Restaurant imports German bread from Mexico City once a week, But that's it.

So as to the bread.  I have no idea, it's not Mexican.  One of
bakeries makes a round loaf that people buy and scrape out the middle
and put cheese dip in it.  But that's the closest to what you are
talking about that I have seen.  Maybe that's what you are looking
for.  Hopefully someone on this list has a recipe for that.