Fluffy bread

Linda Garber <lindadg@eastlink.ca>
Sun, 11 Jan 2009 07:56:28 -0400
v109.n003.1
The following bread recipe makes a soft fluffy loaf and has been
popular with everyone.  It comes from _Great Bread Machine Recipes_
by Norman A. Garrett.  It is the one loaf I continue to make in my
old Panasonic 1 pound machine.  The recipe calls for all-purpose
flour but in Canada the all-purpose is more like bread flour and I
use that.  It is best on the day it is made.

Thanks so much for all the years of keeping the digest going.

Linda Garber

Sheepherder's Bread
_Great Bread Machine Recipes_ by Norman A. Garrett

This is a favorite of many of my testers, especially those who like
French breads. The recipe is simple but tasty, like those used by
sheepherders in days of old. Time this bread to be done right before
dinner, then tear it apart, rather than slice it, while still hot.
Note that all-purpose flour is used to give it an authentic texture.

1 1/2 tsp active dry yeast
2 Tbsp sugar
3 cups all-purpose flour
1 tsp salt
2 1/2 Tbsp butter
1 cup warm water

Follow bread machine instructions. Makes a 1 1/2 lb loaf.