Crust Cracking Off After Freezing

Terry Vlossak <tvlossak@yahoo.com>
Mon, 12 Jan 2009 14:41:27 -0800 (PST)
v109.n003.14
I've been baking bread for decades now, for some of that time
professionally.  My home batches usually net me 3 loaves, 2 of which
go into the freezer for later.  I have a consistent problem with the
breads baked at high temperatures--400-500 degrees F:  when they come
out of the freezer bag, the crust cracks off.  This never happens
with the loaf we eat.  This is seldom a problem with the richer
breads that are baked at 350-375 degrees F.  What's going on here,
and how do I prevent it?

All my loaves are cooled to room temperature before they're placed in
ziplock bags and into the freezer.  We like crispy crusts, and bake
our bread longer to achieve them.
I've been a member of this list for years, and know there are great
bakers who subscribe and share their knowledge.

Thanks in advance, folks!