A Huge Thank You!

<cubanwahine@hawaii.rr.com>
Sun, 18 Jan 2009 07:53:52 -1000
v109.n004.3
Hello, Hola and Aloha

Although I'm not known for being a baker, I do enjoy reading about
what others are doing and I do experiment once in a while.  I have
learned much from what most would call "lurking in the background"
although I have posted in the past, once in a blue moon.

I just wanted to express a huge Thank You to ALL of you who post such
great information, recipes and advice when asked by other members of this list.

Another HUGE Thank You to Reggie and Jeff for keeping this list as
interesting as it has been all of these years.  I can't believe it
has been almost 11 years (this coming April) since I met you both in
Portland, OR!

I don't make New Year's resolutions any longer, just so I won't feel
guilty when I break them....but I am hoping to start baking more this
year...if only because the price of a loaf of bread (even the
cheapest) is up to almost $4 a small loaf!

I have met several of you through this list (and other foodie groups)
both on line and face to face and our friendships continue on and
have brought me much happiness.

Even though it is already Mid-January, I wish you all a very Happy
New Year, Feliz Año Nuevo and Hau'oli Makahiki Hou!

Sonia
.........the G.R.I.T.S. Cuban Wahine

Sonia R. Martinez
Cookbook author and freelance food writer.
Check out my food & garden blog at
www.soniatasteshawaii.com
and keep up with some of my other writing at
http://foodiesleuth.gather.com
Contributing writer to
www.ediblehawaiianislands.com
Monthly columnist for